Tapex Pty Ltd is committed to operating at the highest ethical and legal standards. This includes protecting your privacy.
Set out below is information that we are required to communicate to our customers. We recommend that you keep this information for your future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by us may include your name, current and previous addresses, ABN/ACN number, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements;
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, your referee for credit checking, regulatory authorities such as ASIC.
- from publicly available sources of information;
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness;
- assist you to purchase our products;
- research and develop our services;
Also, your information is collected so that we, our related bodies can promote and market products and services to you.
This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Tapex.
Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you:
- Mailing operations;
- Billing and debt-recovery functions;
- Information technology services;
- Market research;
- Insurance company;
- Transport company.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorised representatives or your legal advisers;
- Credit reporting and fraud-checking agencies.
How can you access your personal information?
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like
to do so, please contact us on 02 9554 9199.